At Stillinger Investigations, we work hard to help you obtain the information you need in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible. We provide a free initial consultation to determine the needs of your individual case. Our base hourly rate for investigations is competitive in the industry, and we have flat-rate fees for specialized equipment, such as Tech units. Like most professional service firms, we require a retainer fee to be paid in advance. We then bill against that fee for the services that we provide and the costs we incur in working your case. We will discuss the details of your case with you during your free initial consultation, then determine a retainer fee that is appropriate for the services you need. Some of the factors that we use in determining the amount of the retainer include:
- The amount of information that the client is able to provide in advance
- The amount of travel involved
- Airline, hotel, and other costs
- The estimated number of hours of surveillance needed to obtain the required information
- Need for specialized equipment
- Level of detail required
- Location – remote areas and other situations sometimes require additional investigators and/or equipment
- Urgency – we will take urgent matters as long as our manpower and equipment allow us to do so without compromising ongoing investigations; rush service rates may apply
Infidelity, child custody, insurance fraud, and civil investigations typically start at $1,500, while matters only requiring database research often start at a lower amount. Criminal defense matters typically start between $1,000 and $2,000 depending on the nature of the case. In cases where a judge has signed an order approving investigator fees for Public Defender or appointed cases, we do not require an advance retainer, and we bill at the approved hourly rate. In many cases, particularly Family Court matters, your attorney can ask the Court to require the subject of the investigation to reimburse you for costs incurred in proving their wrongdoing. In every case being prepared for trial and having peace of mind is worth the time and expense. Let us get started on your case today; contact us via phone or email or in person to schedule a free consultation.
- Investigations $95.00 per hour per investigator
- Mileage $0.45 per mile
- Tech Monitoring $350.00 per week
- Drone Surveillance $150.00 per hour
- Home Bug Sweep *Varies based on size of residence
- Vehicle Bug Sweep $200.00 when brought to our office; on-site sweep rates vary
- Witness Location $125.00 standard search
- Mobile Device Examination $350.00 minimum fee
- Identify Cell Phone Number $150.00
- Covert Video $350.00 per week
- Consultation Free in Richland and Lexington Counties *Short and Long Term Rentals and Installation Available*
- Process Service $75.00 per hour/$0.45 per mile
- Vehicle Registration Search $40.00
- South Carolina Criminal Records Check $250.00 when full name and date of birth provided
- South Carolina Driver History $125.00 when full name and date of birth provided
*South Carolina law requires a written contract before services begin* *Advance retainer fee required for all individual cases* *Insurance companies, businesses, and law firms should contact us for more information*
What Our Clients Say About Us
I’m used different private investigator companies over the years and this by far has been the best experience and produced the most results for me. I definitely recommend Stillenger over the competition in SC!
There are so many private investigators out there i went by ratings and honestly top notch work. i was so pleased i sent a thank you gift, 10 stars in my book! i would use this company again without a second thought!
As a large business owner who often hires new employees and forms new partnerships, having a resourceful investigator on your side who can find any information on anybody is an incredibly valuable asset to my company. If you’re in need of accurate and reliable truth finding to make strategic decisions, hire Stillinger Investigations.
Finding a great private investigator wasn’t easy. I initially hired one company due to their low rates – which should have been a red flag. Well, it turned out that they were completely unqualified to handle my case causing me even more of a pain, so learn from my mistakes and hire the best private investigator in Columbia SC the first time. Hire Brian Stillinger and his team of veterans to do the job right!
These guys are very good at what they do. My child custody issue over my daughter was rough. Thankfully my attorney suggested talking with Stillinger Investigations about my situation.
After making the decision to move forward, it was smooth sailing. They provided the evidence needed to prove my case and get legal custody of her!
Stillinger Investigations are probably the best private investigator company in the Richland County area if not South Carolina. Their private investigators are professional, efficient and compassionate to your case needs. I would highly recommend Stillinger Investigations ! thx!!
Call Us Today! (888) 699-3350
We offer Professional, Discreet, & Compassionate Service.